Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

May 05, 2006

A bit of news

I just found out today that we arrive in Shanghai on the 3rd of August and this news sent me into all sorts of pangs of joy and excitement. Funnily enough, it also means that it is actually 90 days away from today!

As always, I am swinging from excitement to fear and back again with regularity. My main fear is that if we decide to have a baby over there that things will go wrong....but as "Let's just see what happens" Andrew keeps saying, no use in worrying about that now. True enough.

As for the Mandarin lessons, I now not only know how to say "I have 6 horses", but I can also say "My horse is very thin" which I am certain will come in handy on a daily basis.

There is so much to organise and things seem to be moving very slowly. Shipping, visas, vaccinations, insurance.....

On the domestic front, I had a couple of days supply teaching at a new school today and I have just experienced two entire days of grade 9's....I need wine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is now in my favourites. I guess I'll be visiting there often and have reason to visit there often.

I'll certainly try to visit you in person. We'll see how the bank account goes I guess.

(And are you saying that my group emails are annoying?) he he

6:05 pm  
Blogger nancyshack said...

englebert...hmmmmm
who are you? Murray?

6:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's not the real englebert, I am the real englebert you imposter. And my group emails are the best.

6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home