Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

November 14, 2006

Stop the Press!

Holy-kids-with-manners Batman! I just had a 'making your day' type experience. There I was, walking along the corridor when I dropped a pile of stuff on the floor. Three grade 8 boys (yes, that's grade 8 BOYS) rushed over to help me pick up my stuff. Far out, it was just like in the movies, or on Family Ties or something. Am I living in Stepford? Have I become too cynical for my own good? Yay for manners!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These wonderful children and work associates are spoiling you petal. It sounds like it is going to be near impossible to get you back. Great to hear though that you actually get some repect and the just plain courtesy that teachers (and women for that matter) deserve. Well done China. Do they really flog there children though ? Is that where we are going wrong.....lack of corporal punishment ?

3:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right Gwen. If a swifty to the side of the nog makes 'em pick up stuff for their clumsy teachers I say 'whack away'. Kidding. What do I know about raising a child? Anyway, it's delightful to hear that you are not only having fun in China, but also having fun in Pleasantville. Now if only we could get them to stop blocking the blog...

6:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post Script.
Just saw an ad on the telly for the next series of Australian Princess. See what you are missing out on. White Trash getting frocked up and learning how to pick the right fork at the dinner table. If only they had watched Pretty Woman, they would know.

6:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's all very Pleasantville. As much and I love 'em here, you can't go past a bit of Aussie kid personality and attitude for mine! I think I'd rather a bit of cheek than robotic servitude anyday. Which is what some of them are like.

RE Aus Princess, all I can say is, I'd trade 67 channels of Chinese melodrama for just one channel of B&B!!!

4:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what your saying is, that you have 67 channels and no bad afternoon drama series? Oh Dear.
You'll just have to create the drama within your own world. I suggest that whenever you are talking to Wurly, always have your back to him and maintain a confused look on your face. Then, carry an MP3 player with speakers, so that whenever someone else is talking to you, just start playing some haunting string music, and look off into the distance before you answer. ok?

9:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you Phillis! We had a deal! You promised me you wouldn't tell anyone that the baby's not mine if I promised not to mention your secret harem of fire fighters that you keep locked on your wine cellar. The only way out of this is to stop that damn wedding and reveal to the world that Gwennie actually has an identical twin.

10:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right I am a twin. But my real name is not actually Gwennie, but Gavin. Ever since the INCIDENT, I have had to lead a double live and parade as a women. The wedding must be stopped as now that I have revealed my true identity I must also now reveal my true feelings for Frank. He mustn't marry Breeze because he is secretly inlove with me. And there is nothing you can do about it Phyllis. He wants me and always has. Release him from your harem and let us be together.

10:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any other guys out there feel they're in the wrong sort of cyber-space when they are reading this? Like I've stumbled into some girls-only zone??

6:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has indeed been a rather interesting thread.

Maybe you (Wurly) need some more blokey friends to contribute to your site - or write different stories to attract the blokes.

That said, Wurly and I are actually identical twins, separated at birth and given plastic surgery so we wouldn't know. This only emerged when we discovered we shared not a unique but bizarrely shaped birthmark and the same taste in Chardonnay.

11:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason you both have an identical taste for Chardi is because I genetically engineered you to share a tongue (ominous music plays in the back ground please). And as for you Gwen/Gavin, I will not release anyone from my firemans lair until I have dominated the toothpick market. Meanwhile, in a parellel universe called California; Ridge has taken up with Brooke's sister, Taylor killed some guys wife, or knows who killed some guys wife, but she is attempting to date him anyway by going to visit the gravesite with him. Some other guy is in hospital and has lost his sight and Stephanie is staying by his bedside only to keep him away from the grand-daughter. AND, Ridge has a sister?? Who knew?

4:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey phillis, maybe you should start a new blog for me where you update me on theB&B!!! only, you'd have to be more specific than 'some guy'....maybe.....some YOUNG guy perhaps?

7:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home