Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

September 07, 2006

Meaty Pete Beattie

Off to the polls tomorrow eh? Well I think I have left it too late to organise an absentee vote. It's funny how miffed I feel that I can't vote! I was talking to some Brits the other day who said that in the UK more people vote on Big Brother than in elections! Less than 10% of the population actually bother to vote....wonder how many of 'em whinge abut the state of the country?

I've got my morning routine happening now: step one, coffee. Step two, sit and read the news on abc.net.au. Step three, go to work. I also get dressed and clean my teeth but we can take all that as a given. It is nice keeping in touch with what's happening.

Now that September is upon us, the AFL finals will be kicking off - bad pun, sorry. To my (and Andrew's) delight, there is a place here that will play all the finals on a big screen, so there will be a few Aussies glued to their chairs down at Mr Pizza tonight...can't wait!

Go Saints.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The longer this election campaign has gone on, the less I want to vote at all.

Actually, that's not right. I want to vote, but I really really want someone reasonable to vote for.

No one is doing it for me anymore.

10:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure voting rates are around 30% in the UK... where did they get that info from... It doesn't stack up... you do the math... go figure...

1:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elections Shmelections. As always the ads on the telly and radio have become too much to bare and you really don't want to vote for any of them because instead of telling us what good they plan on doing, they just waste time bagging each other. Aside from that, it's comforting to know that you have found a pizza/sports bar. What's AFL again???

8:42 pm  
Blogger nancyshack said...

AFL....hmmmm...not sure. I just remember something about great arms and tight shorts....

5:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Victory to the Swans and Petie Beattie. Not sure how I feel about either.

4:36 pm  
Blogger nancyshack said...

Welcome to nerdsville Shawzeee. Yes! Come! Visit! We have room! Not sure about the cricket, I heard we'll get the ashes...

6:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm profoundly disappointed by the weekend's results. Except it's ALWAYS good to see Collingwood get beat (maybe I should be talking about this on Andrew's blog).

Welcome Pete. It's not too hard after all is it?

7:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm yes have been thinking about you two with the AFL coming up - ooh look at me knowing that that is what you two watch. Probably a safe bet but, hey, coming from a complete sportsophobe thats impressive. I thought about getting back into softball the other day but was too scared to turn up alone to practice. Phyllis I was looking through an old CSHS year book and there was an end of year note from you! Didn't know I knew you then - Grade 9! So in that vein will sign off as I was called back then....

8:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAHHHHH! Who is replay?

4:54 pm  
Blogger nancyshack said...

It's got to be Michelle surely????
When are you coming to Shanghai?

6:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem! Don't you know you're own sister!

7:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home