Bali Belly...

I guess it was bound to happen. My 'constitution' doesn't seem as keen as I am on it's new surroundings. It's not as if I have been eating lettuce off the street though, I've been really careful with water, ice, teeth brushing...what's a girl to do? I'm sure it will pass once it has it's way with my intestines.
Speaking if intestines, we saw a really interesting menu today. It was in a Cantonese restaurant and boasted such delights as "deep fried pig intestines with ginger" - that ginger would make all the difference eh?
Today we went to see one of Suzhou's famous gardens - The Garden of the Master of the Nets. Apparently the Master was a crack hand at fishing, or so the story goes. The picture above is of the main part and there are a whole lot of little rooms and courtyards that lead off this main area. It has those massive freaky goldfish swimming around in the pond.
It is oppressively hot and humid but I don't seem to mind it as much as I did at home. I am starting to get a picture in my mind of the area and things are gradually becoming more familiar. Apart from the tummy issue, I am still feeling good about everything and can't wait to start work on Thursday.

1 Comments:
nice photo - can you feel the serenity...
Post a Comment
<< Home