I Love Hollywood
ORIGINALLY POSTED 11/08/06
Hi there Pengyou!
As every day goes by I am no less excited to be here and super keen to start work. Gee, I can't say I've felt like that about work before - it must be a good thing! We have been out and about exploring a bit more of Suzhou. We went into the old town last night and saw some of the famous Venice-like canals. The streets are lovely at night - all lit up and tree lined. There are huge western style shopping areas and then some more market style alley ways which I find much more interesting.
Strange things I can't work out: all packaged food in the supermarket is out of date, being stared and snickered at, how do I get voice mail on my mobile, why does the bread smell like that?
Cool things you wouldn't get at home: a bottle of Verve for $19, a bus that picks you up at your door and drives you to work each day, the chance to improve your Mandarin every day, those dumplings!
We are going on a canal boat cruise tomorrow night....can't wait!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home