My Brain Hurts
This is a picture taken from the 87th floor of the Grand Hyatt Building in Shanghai. We went to a bar called Cloud 9 and it was really cool. Except me and Wurly aren't really cool enough for it I don't think. Y'know, that sorta place where everyone has perfect hair. It made for a good photo anyway and I reckon this whole strip looks amazing at night. I have other photos that I'll put up on Flickr when I remember.
Today I'm feeling terrible! I think all the heating inside is dehydrating me and making me sick. I think I've had a headache for three days in a row. But that's a pretty boring topic for a blog.
As you may know from Wurly's blog, we went to Shanghai for the weekend. I think he is definately going through an 'I hate China' phase, but I guess it will pass. I have a new theory that living in such high population density sends people nuts. Like on the trains! Don't be fooled when a sweet little old man shuffles up beside you whilst waiting for the train, those little oldies can push and shove with the best of them. I nearly got knocked over by one in a race for a seat. Chinese people have no respect for 'the queue' either. If you don't push your way to the front, you'll be standing there all day. I've even seen this in my local supermarket where I'll be waiting in line and little old ladies will just come up and stand in front of me. It's kinda funny.
Well, given my present state of mind (I just want to crawl back into bed), I hope I'll be forgiven for such a boring post ;-)

9 Comments:
Don't kid yourself, it's never dull here in Nancyville. Sorry to know that you are unwell though. It's funny to picture you graciously allowing the oldies to push past you. Just the other day I had a run in with my bus stop nemesis. He's in his 20's and it doesn't matter if there are little old ladies and a dozen other people who have been standing there patiently for ages, he just saunters up and gets on ahead of everyone whenthe bus arrives. So I finally told him how infuriating it is. He shrugged his shoulders and got on ahead of everyone anyway. I find small consolation in figuring that he has no friends and I'm sure that his co-workers would dislike him aswell. he just has that slimy vibe. I'm prattling and there is no ultimate justice to my story. Yet. I should have stuck to my original plan of taking a photo of him, blowing it up, making a hundred copies and posting them all over the farm with a slogan like "I'm a huge yellow bellied crap weasel who likes to steal candy from babies".
Hey that's not a bad idea Phyllis. Or you could set up a website dedicated to bus bullies. (Actually, there probably is one.)
But there's an even better idea: get a umbrella, place some kind of poison on the tip and accidentally bump into him. The Russians did it in London during the Cold War.
And what a segue into my next comment to Tracey and Wurly: I found my first months in London pretty depressing, but I think that was partly caused by winter starting. Maybe that's a factor.
Persevere and break on through to the other side. (new project: try to make references to Doors lyrics in future posts)
cool feet is certainly adding to my misery... where the f*ck can I buy some slippers that fit? Did you know the day destroys the night, and night divides the day?
Target at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown?
Or better yet, Ugg boots!
Christmas note for Wurly boys - some size 12 uggs!!
Oh, Phillis, there is No grace involved when oldies get in my way. Well, maybe a bit. I'm still conditioned to respect my elders to the point that I can't push back, but I am at filthy look stage!
People are strange, when you're a stranger. Faces look ugly when you're alone. I think there is something in that for all of us. Bless Morrison.
Oh, and I totally love Muzz's idea about the poison umbrella! I'm on the case. Did they really do it in the cold war??
Phillis, you're a killer on the roam....
Post a Comment
<< Home