Working Hard!
Above are pictures of our pool when it was covered in snow and frozen over and one in the summer...looks like an ice-skating rink! There were lots of suspicious looking yellow patches of snow everywhere, more evidence of the superfluousness of toilets in this place!
Well we are at that point of the year when we can't wait to get home and are kinda sick and tired of where we are. I am working my butt off trying to get a 4000 word assignment done by the first week of June and believe it or not I am worried that I will go way over the word limit. Better than having the other problem I guess. I have also tried to do this blog twice now and have put it off both times. What the hell did I do with my time pre-baby and pre-masters degree? Bloody hell I have never been so busy! Well, I probably have, just not since I worked in state education in Queensland.
Speaking of QLD, I met a guy the other day who used to be a cop in Queensland in the late 70's early 80's....no more need be said. He said it was pretty great all the free stuff they used to get in exchange for 'protection'. What a time that must have been.
It has been really interesting times here what with recent world events and all. The locals are protesting and calling for a boycott of a local French supermarket chain because of the torch protests in Paris. And yet anyone who protests or demonstrates about any anti-Ch*na issue faces criminal charges. So yes, we have free speech here, just only on one topic. And I heard on the news threats that any anti-torch demonstrators in Nepal will be shot. Imagine trying to do that in Australia...."No sorry, you can't protest [insert topic here], we will shoot you". We live in a lucky, lucky country.
On the up side, 'they' may actually be coming through on 'their' promise to open up the internet before August. Blogger has been blocked since about September or so last year and now it has been open again for a few weeks. I can even see Wikipedia and the BBC! However I am fully expecting it to shut down about one minute after the closing ceremony!
Well I have about 1000 words that need writing and it's not here!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home