Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

August 12, 2007

It ain't no coincidence pal!



OK so let's do the math....I'm home in Australia for 5 weeks, which EXACTLY coincides with the Lions breaking their losing streak starting with West Coast in Perth and continuing with another 4 big wins one after the other. Then I come back to China and we lose to Hawthorne by 25 points....hmmmm.....Y'know how when you're watching a sporting game with friends and whenever a certain person gets up to go to the toilet your team scores? I'm just wondering if it's like one of those situations...? Perhaps I'lll fly home for next week's game and test the theory.

The above photo is the team leaving the Gabba after a 37 point win over the Kangaroos. Yay!

So we went to our pre-baby class yesterday and while quite informative, it was also terrifying. Bloody hell these people know how to scare a woman. Most of the time when you see someone in great pain you feel compassion for them and hope it never happens to you. But with this it's like, oh that looks pretty bad. That'll be me in 10 weeks time. Crap. Whatever drugs are on offer, let me at 'em I say!

One more tip before I sign off, I saw the BEST movie on the plane on the way back here. Some of you may have seen it. It's called 'Kenny'. It's about a port-a-loo guy and it's filmed like a pseudo-documentary. It's stitch-in-your-side funny but it also has a heart bigger than a blue whale and made me cry and get mad all at the same time. If you don't love this man by the end of the film you're missing a gene. (Take note Renee (Gwennie) - I thought of you straight away while watching this Pet, I think it's right up your funny bone, particulrly the first 30 minutes when Kenny is talking about his job...oh man...it hurts just thinking about it).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly Pet. I bought it the very next day after hiring it from the vid shop. All time classic.

And for the baby stuff .... it's not as horrific when it is actually happening to you. As for the spectators - severly disturbing viewing. I think that is why the prize is so spectacular - to make you forget the down right nasty of it all pretty much instantly. I always thought that birth was a very over rated process, but none the less, still is very special and rewarding in the end. I highly recommend it all.

10:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto! Kenny is great!

The actor who plays Kenny has been in the film industry for long time now and really deserved to win the AFI's he won for this film. Best actor and I think best film as well, either 2006 or 2005, i can't remember. Cannot believe you only just discovered it. Glad to hear that it is available to watch on flights.

Baby blues....you will be great i reckon. Water off a ducks back...as they say.

8:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's your fault Tracey. Come back!!!

Or it could be the fault of those wussy white away jerseys they've been wearing occasionally. It's hard to look tough in them.

Either way, there's always next season. (sigh)

As to the baby stuff, I don't really find myself in a position to comment - but hope it goes well.

6:35 pm  
Blogger jnxyz said...

nearly there Trace! as for the baby classes - yes we were quite excited about the whole thing - until the classes - then we were just nervouse with all the useless but gory information... I was not at all impressed by our birthing classes... so mentally disregard what you can! it truly will be an amazing time for both of you - just concentrate on that!

4:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home