Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

May 16, 2007


PHOTO: Fantastic shot of the view from our old flat.

Well time's gettin' away and the stretch between blogs is lengthening. The problem is that I don't seem to have much to say. The kids have just finished their exams which are the final assessment item that we add to their reports, which are due next week. The only thing is, we still have 5 weeks of school to go and not much of substance with which to fill it. Every kid knows, once those exams are done and the report card is in the pocket, everything after that is irrelevant. So good luck to us trying to get anything out of them in the next 5 weeks.

Did I say 5 weeks? Holy Summer Holidays Batman!!! I can't believe it's THAT close! And we still haven't made any plans!! Well it's a bloody long holiday so we have plenty of time. Wurly the party pooper doesn't finish work until two weeks after me so I can't do much until then anyway. And those among us who are preganant may be prevented from flying about the globe like a mad thing so I'm not sure what will end up happening.

That reminds me, one of my kids (who has a very low level of English) said to me the other day, "Ms Egan, do you have a nearly baby?" How cute is that? he he he

In other news I have (or think I have, just waiting for official acceptance) enrolled in a Masters of Child and Adolescent Welfare by distance education at Charles Sturt university. This is the beginning of the end of my teaching career! Yay!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'mmmmm baaacccckkkk. Apologies for my long absence but I had to birth a baby - bloody tough job that, but worth a go if you get the chance. Where the hell is Phyllis ?

5 weeks of bludge time Petal. Sounds kind of exciting but I'm sure you will of had a gut full by the end of week 2. The novilty of lazy time wears off reasonably quickly. I remember the last week of school being filled with videos - lazy arse teachers. Don't do it Petal, make the little buggers work. So how long do you have off ?

I'm not surprised you are stuck for holiday ideas - you've pretty much covered most countries by now haven't you? Probably best to keep your pregnant self in one country anyway - just incase s/he falls out (as they have a tendancy to do - ba bloody ha)

How is that belly comming along ? I think it is time to post a preggers photo.

8:00 pm  
Blogger nancyshack said...

I couldn't agree more Pet, I could never be a dole bludger unless I had some blood good project to keep me going. I had a few days off sick a while back and was bored by lunchtime on day 2.

As for the belly...well it's there but if you didn't know I was preggers you'd think I'd just had a big dinner. Or too much beer. That's what I reckon anyway. Two weeks until we find out whether it's going to be Harry or Sally! Can't wait!

Not sure I'm up for the ideas of a belly photo...hmmmm

7:45 am  
Blogger nancyshack said...

That's meant to say 'bloody good project'. Blood good project sounds a bit wierd.

9:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone slightly more than half-way through a Masters Degree, I'm not sure whether I should congratulate or discourage you.

Actually, it's mostly a lot of fun and hope it goes well. And no, you can't remind me of these words when all your exams and assignments are due in 2 weeks time.

4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And great to see you back gwennie. For a while there, it seemed me and Wurly were the only ones making vague attemots to be amusing on this blog.

4:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ta heaps for the warm welcome back Muzz. All we need now is for Phyllis to pull her finger out and come back too.

Let the fun continue.

5:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hesitate to ask where her finger is.

3:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well.....let's just say it's definately not on her keyboard

7:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home