Pregnant and Crazy
I don't know how wise it is to decide on a career change whilst one is pregnant, however, I think I've pretty much decided. I definately would not say that my pregnancy so far has been rife with crazed episodes of hormonal swinging from chandeliers so I think I can safely say I'm making a rational decision. I just can't see myself doing this for the next 5-10-15 whatever years. I want to get out of the classroom and try to do something a little more hmmmmmm interventionist? Is that a word? Anyway, with the help of two friends who are working in youth and family services fields, I'm onto a new idea. It is going to involve more study...a lot more study...There are too many ideas racing around in my head at the moment to really be clear about exactly what I'm going to do, but as soon as I know, I'll blog!
So who knew there were so many things to know abut having a child? Who knew you're not supposed to eat peanuts or feed your child peanuts until they're like 2 or something lest they become a walking allergy? Who knew green tea was an abortifactant? Who knew even bloody aromatheraphy could be dangerous? How do any of us get born normal? And how do we find out all this information? Thank God for Google! The good news is our baby has survived a little smoked salmon, a couple of beers and even some Toblerone (WITH NUTS!!) at least so far. I heard a very healthy heartbeat at my last trip to the doctor and I've found at last a doctor who doesn't stare blanky at me and say "Well, what did your Australian doctor say?"

7 Comments:
You ate nuts? You must be nuts!
Not a particularly incisive comment, but I thought I should add something.
Hope it's all going well and that avocados are okay.
Don't forget to watch our for soft cheese, and pre-packed salad, and seafood, and salami, and....
Especially watch out for blokes called Wurly.
Hey I'm not not wurly... I say get ya wurlies while ya can!
only between consenting adults and wurlies
OK so this is all getting a little fresh in here. I like my wurlies 24/7!!
just wait till it has hiccups inside you! happened to us the other day while at the hospitallistening to the heartbeat - beat-beat-beat-hic! very funny! Hope all is going well
Post a Comment
<< Home