Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

February 09, 2007

Did the music really die today??

OK so it's sad when anyone dies and yes, poor old Anna-Nicole had a bit of a sad life (perhaps), but for The Age dot com to name a photo tribute to her 'The Day the Music Died' is a bit of an overshoot don't you think? In the words of Lleyton Hewit...COME ON!!!! Music? What the hell did this woman have to do with music? Or did I miss a critically acclaimed debut album?

http://www.theage.com.au/ftimages/2007/02/09/1170524265241.html

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm. Interesting indeed. It's a strange reference to Don Mcleans 'American Pie', but he was singing about Janis Joplin, a far cry from Anna-Nicole. Who, by the way, I adored. I used to watch her show on cable and was really entertained by it all, especially the episode when she had a falling out with her interior decorator. It was choice viewing. She was a fantastic pop culture icon. What you get is more than what you saw. Because to look at her you would see this stunningly beautiful amazon woman, and then she would open her mouth. I always found everything she had to say so very entertaining. Sometimes I was laughing with her, and sometimes at her, but I still liked her. But music dying? Yeah, I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

4:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PETAL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

I was hoping to text or call you but my mobile (which has your numbers stored deep inside) has finally given up on me after being dropped on the ground for the 112th time. I don't know why they are so touchy about that.

Hope you had a great day, got heaps of spiffy stuff and know that I am thinking about you. Just sorry I had to do it via your blog. Now every bugger will know.

2:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The music only died because the batteries in my discman died.

And is it your birthday? Huzzah! I hope you are managing to have an enjoyable time. I know it's hard when you're on holiday in Vietnam, but please try.

8:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poop! I am terrible at remembering birthdays. Thanks for the heads up Gwen. Although I don't think anyone is listening to us. Probably not too easy to find an internet cafe in Vietnam huh? Happy Birthday Nance, hope you scored some goodies.

2:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get our email? In case you haven't read it yet.....we spent hours.....I say hours......(well Anika did the work really and I supervised) putting together what we thought was a fantastic tribute to the Tu Tu! Alas, our skills have been stalled for a moment, as the file was too large to email to you :( I am currently investigating ways to send this birthday tribute to you. (I am hassling the IT boys at work to tell me how to do it! They love me!)

Anyway, I won't sing, 'cause in my head gwennie sings better than me. Hee...hee...

Lot of love to you from Ju & Nu xxx

7:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home