This is obscene...
"David Beckham is quitting Real Madrid for Major League Soccer side Los Angeles Galaxy in a deal reported to be worth a staggering $318 million."
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200701/s1825486.htm
Nobody needs that much money. Nobody is worth that much money.

10 Comments:
that is truly atrocious... I'd like to hope that he gives about 300M of that away to charities or worthy causes in Africa etc, but I doubt it.
There is just no way, I could ever get to a point in my life (this is hypothetically) that I could sign a contract like that...
Yeah, he could fund a small country's economy with that. Can you even imagine...Posh and Becks in LA...!! I think they deserve each other.
I agree. I don't really follow a lot of sport and may offend some viewer here, but at the end of the day, all he does is kick a ball. It is that simple. He hasn't cured cancer or made any break throughs that help millions. He and his family swan around the world like they are untouchable, when they are no different to the rest of us. We can all sing and kick a ball. Heck ... even my 3yr old can do it. Perhaps he can buy some wholesome food with the extra money and feed his wife. Or if they are going to be generous in a selfish way, they could give a bundle to Epliepsy research. It is easy to spend other peoples money isn't it.
hey, I just checked out your profile Nancy - funny stuff!
I quite agree Pet, all that money could be put to good use on a good Sunday brunch buffet down at the local RSL for poor Posh to have a decent feed.
Wurly, it took you until now to realise that I'm funny?
Ah yes, but seeing as the Beckhams have now become best buds with the Cruises, all that money will probably go to Scientology. If only my friend Bono would get in their ear (nb. they share their ears like they share a brain) then perhaps the money would go to where it is needed in Africa. I guess instead Posh will continue to look like she comes from a third world country and wonder why those people complain about not being fed seeing as she has to work so hard to look so suitably emaciated. ps. Der Wurly!
But he still doesn't earn anywhere near what Tiger Woods makes. There's more than a few people out there who simply don't warrant the amount of money they "earn".
Breaking News: I am sorry to report that Darlene Conroy who is probably better known to yous as Sally Spectra has died at age 72. May she rest in Prada.
72!!!??? Far out, she DID have some serious make up going on.
How sad.
72?????????!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home