Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

December 15, 2006

Where did the world go?





OK so the first picture is the view from our front deck on what I thought was a smoggy morning a month or two ago. The second picture below is the same view, taken this morning. I woke up today and had a "What the hell planet am I on" type of moment. It was UNBELIEVABLE. I stepped out on the deck and I couldn't see the next building or the ground, everything was white. It kinda freaked me out, it was like I was nowhere. Who was it that said if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it....So if you can't see anything, is it still there?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to say, Tracey, that we no longer exist.

Until the smog goes away at laast.

6:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sh*t!

8:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't see my toes when I stand up straight. Doesn't mean they're not there. I have a new TV series suggestion for you. Carnivale. Look for it in your friendly DVD store. It's weird, and I love it. Oh my, there is some nasty thunder and lightning outside, I'd best get off the computer in case that old wives tale about TV screens in storms is true. Nothing quite as wonderful as a mid afternoon summer storm.

1:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh, Brisbane storms in summer.....now THAT"S something I really miss....

10:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not while riding on your moped though.

It's actually been a rather cool December, but perhaps not as cool as yours. Why don't you tell us about the snow and skiing?

btw, Phyllis. I can't see you. Are you sure you're still there?

11:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes Muzz, alive and kicking. I was just taking shelter from the storm, which never really eventuated by the way. You are quite right Muzzanator, it has been a cool summer. On Sunday, I was getting a little drowsy on the couch in the arvo and felt a chill and had to chuck a blanky on. Can you believe it? In the guts of summer and I need a blanky for my nana nap. It's so awesome, I don't want the inevitable summer to arrive. Hey, are you guys still going to blog from Japan? I don't know what I would do without my blogging fix. It's hard enough for me at the moment with Neighbours being off air. I really just don't know what to do with myself at the moment.

8:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how's your blog comin Phillis?

7:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very strange indeed Petal. I love it though. I just can't fathom the whole smog thing, especially that thick. Do you still get Christmas & Boxing day off if the country you are in doesn't believe and practice the holiday ? I hope you are speading the joy of the season to your kiddies.

3:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez the fog was bad again today... it's incredible (as Napoleon would say) - kind of really cool to see whole buildings disappear

2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home