'tis the season to say "'tis the season"

Feeling all seasonal the other day, I decided to get out our Christmas tree (we brought it over in the shipping) and deck the halls. Note to self: When packing Christmas tree, remember to also pack decorations AND Christmas tree legs so the dumb thing can stand up!
Anyhoo, so I wrapped tinsel around the CD tower (tinsel arrived in the mail the next day in what can only be described as an eerie coincidence), put a little girl-doll type thing that one of Andrew's students made at the top (she makes a nice angel) and before I could say 'It's beginning to look a lot like a CD tower wrapped in tinsel' the Christmas spirit had arrived.
It's kind of wierd because I should be on school holidays by now, sweltering and fighting for parking at Indooroopilly. It is well and truly freezing, but no sign of snow. Even though we are in a country that does not celebrate Christmas, it is still everywhere. Well, maybe not everywhere in the Westfield Shopping Centre sense, but let's just say that the expat, Christmas celebratin', Santa lovin' population has made it's mark. Next thing I know I'll be seeing Christmas bell earrings...
Merry Christmas everyone!

4 Comments:
OK, That 'beginning to look a lot like christmas' just really hit my funny bone, I am still cackling. Anyway maybe you could have done the same thing as your little xmas tree picture and wrap a white sheet around the bottom of your tree and it will miraculously stand up. Well I went and saw young Robbie Williams last night with the fabulous Gwennie. It was a fantastic show whether you know the music or not. It was at Lang Park which was really weird because the last time I can recall being there was maybe 1979. As always, I took plenty of photo's via the camera that I snuck in down my duds. We had a slight incident with the people that were sitting around us though. We had corporate box seats and were the last to arrive so they had already slothed in to the seats and expected us to sit seperately even though our seats were clearly supposed to be together. So after we made them move they were all being really rude to us and making digs and going out of their way to block our view. It was so frustrating! We ended up moving to a whole other section to sit with noice people and had a great time. Well, so I guess I am starting to get to a point where I am posting rather than commenting. I hope no one minds. How long before you take off for your ski trip??
Apparently Scott and Charlene next door have a much better Christmas tree than you could ever hope for. Only rumours though.
Yeah well, Scott and Charlene have a lot of things I could never hope for...a storage room, Christmas tree, class....
Phyllis, please feel free to use as much space as you like on my comments page - lots of comments make me look popular (and I need all the help I can get). Glad I'm still cracking the funnies - well for you anyway.
9 sleeps until skiing ;-)
I'm a big fan of the non-Christmas tree myself. Or the pot plant Christmas tree.
Post a Comment
<< Home