Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

December 21, 2006

Hangover Over


Our school threw us our staff Christmas party last night and despite initial reservations that it was being held in the school canteen and catered by the school caterers, it turned out to be quite a fun little knees up. We had a little drinking, a little dancing and a whole lotta fireworks in a finale that rivalled the Sydney Olympics closing ceremony! I have never before come to school with a hangover and I narrowly escaped doing it today - thanks to several Panadol for breakfast. However, many of my colleagues may not have been so lucky. I cannot begin to imagine how some of those heads would have been this morning as there were some SERIOUSLY drunk people who faced up to classes today. I have done check-out chicking and other such low maintenance jobs with burning hangovers but facing a room full of kids...? Don't know if I could manage it.

So for today's comments section, I want to hear about your worst "Had to work the next day with a hangover" stories...! I think my worst one was not having to go to work, but having to be a bridesmaid in my Dad's wedding...ouch.

I can hear some squealing in the office next door, I think the whole 'last day of school' thing is getting a little too exciting for some...

5 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

hhmm, no one is jumping to answer this one I see. A little embarrassed maybe? Well the first story that springs to mind is as much skanky as it is to do with hangovers. I think I was around 22. I had been out on Saturday night with a chap (who we went to school with but who shall remain nameless) and had a pyjama party at his house, well, sort of. Anyway we hadn't gotten home until around 4am and I had a breakfast to go to at The Heritage at 8am for my godsisters birthday. I managed to get there right on time and although I had been home, showered and changed, I knew I still smelt like the floor of Fridays. But I didn't care because it was the most fantastic breakfast I have ever had and my mother didn't notice a thing. My brother on the other hand couldn't help himself and asked me if I wanted an orange juice to go with the vodka coming out of my skin. Charming yes? Well, you asked.

3:27 pm  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I can't believe it's been a couple of days and I was still the only one who was silly enough to answer the question.
Well, it's Christmas Day, So I just wanted to log in and wish you guys a merry one. I hope you have had a great day and that Santa delivered gifts from both the naughty and nice lists. Love to you both from Me and the boys.

6:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just logged in after a time out in the woods. I thoroughly enjoy the cut and thrust of academic rigour shared between ya'll on this site, such a chuckle most of the time. Just a few comments from me -
Hangovers: well had one with "true" you know who Trace, and if you had one on that occassion I wonder who was supplying the grog and ...how old were you then? hmmm
Community: the best time was singing the Austraian national anthem in a Dublin cathedral at an Anzac service - community and patriotism to the max.
Stereo types: Proud to say I probably have something to do with your need to be different. I also resonate with the idea someone mentioned ie" 'who really gives a rats.' I know that you will fight the fights that are worth fighting for. I have to say though that I refused to join the P & Cs for all those reasons but do wonder if I missed out on some good things along with throwing out the chaff. well that's my thoughts for today, cheers.

10:15 am  
Blogger nancyshack said...

What were you doing singing the Austraian national anthem in Dublin? Is that anything like the Austrian national anthem?

10:26 am  
Blogger nancyshack said...

Thanks for being the brave one Phillis. I think my worst was in grade 12 after the death of a friend. Put grieving teenagers together with alcohol and you got yourself a whole lot of messiness! I got lost (yes lost) in a nightclub (back when ID meant your library card) and I had a nap in the ladies toilets! Charming!

1:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home