Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

January 11, 2007

Things I miss...

1. Apple pies, especially Nana's.
2. Newspapers on the weekend, especially the Weekend Australian.
3. Not being stared at, really, I'm not that interesting! But now I have a new phrase to combat this..."Qing bu yao, dingzhe wo kan!" Which means, "Please don't stare at me!"

I also really miss the doggies, although I didn't have my own when at home, I saw and doggie-sat Mosie and Ollie on a regular basis. Even if cranky Kay, our body corp lady constantly reminded me there were "No pets allowed!" in our building, I would sneak them in often.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

Oh I know, I could eat Apple pies for Breaky, Lunch and Tea. Yum, I think I'll try that some time. Speaking of other things you may be missing, please to be checking your gmail. I just sent you my own interpretation of todays episode of B&B. Enjoy!

3:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe your timing - that was the best cure for homesickness EVER!!

4:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheesecake, donuts, apple pies

5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what do people do when you ask them not to stare at you?
1. stop staring and look at feet
2. stare in amazement that you can speak the language
3. keep staring anyway

And yeah - you may have noticed I'm back. I had bandwidth problems in December (ie. used it all up) so haven't been surfing much. And don't have much net access at new job. :( sob

7:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home