Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

January 21, 2007

DUCK!!


I'm a little bored. I know I have gone on and on about how reinvigorated I feel with teaching, but now I think I've reached a plateau (plateau is such a nerdy word). Classes of 3 to 6 students may SOUND good, but in practice, it can be a painful way to spend 45 minutes, especially when NOBODY TALKS!!!! Don't even get me started on double periods...And teaching grade 6 and 7 is just WAY too young for me. I really like the kids but the subject matter is so simple that it's sending me round the twist.

I caught two kids gettin' busy behind the gym a couple of weeks ago. Well 'gettin' busy' might be an overstatement depending on what that term means to you. I mean just a quick Pash 'n Dash. I wonder if kids here have the same or similar colloquial terms and phrases for those things like we do back home. Things like 'Party Pash', 'Disco Pash' and 'Pash 'n Dash'. It's not really an appropriate conversation topic for teacher/student chats so I'll have to keep wondering I guess.

This morning I went and had coffee with two friends: one who is pregnant and one who just had a baby. We were talking about which hospital would be better to have a baby in, Shanghai or Suzhou. I'm a little concerned that this may constitute a mother's group...(FYI I'm not pregnant).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what Phyllis has to say about this topic.

3:36 pm  
Blogger Phyllis said...

OOps, sorry I'm late Muzz. I actually was wondering if pashrash would be included. But then the Chin*se are a relatively hairless people so I guess with a lack of bumfluff means they miss out on this wonderful teenage right of passage. Quite right about it being innapropriate conversation with the kiddies. I'm sure it's probably arrest worthy to shimmy up to a grade 6er and ask about their last pash experience.

4:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could I forget Pash Rash!! I once saw a truly horrendous case of pash rash on a guy...didn't even know he batted for the other team. He looked like he face planted in gravel. ouch.

10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home