Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

February 08, 2007

Hold me closer Tony Danza


OK so I'm doing this post at school and I have no photos with me to make it look more interesting, so I put this picture in that I used to try to explain 'decomposers' to my grade 6 non English speaking class. It was somewhat of a mild failure. Well there ya go.

So, interesting week here at school to say the least. We had a sudden whole school meeting on Wednesday afternoon to hear an announcement that our Head of School had 'relinquished his position'. The general consensus is that he was encouraged to do so. I guess you never have the full story on these things, there are a lot of rumours going around but only the people in the room at the time really know the full truth of it. Myself, I think he was a bit of a bully and he didn't react well to being asked questions he didn't like. However, I guess you feel sorry for anyone in the position of suddenly being out of a job, and especially so when your kids and partner are in the mix and it's in a foreign country.

It got me reminiscing about the time I got fired from a pizza shop at the age of 17, after only two days....I was in floods of tears at the time. Funny to think about it now...why did I care?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a 7 second laugh at the title until it dawned on me that maybe you were taking the piss. It works so well though doesn't it?

I don't recall every getting the boot. I did get a departmental move whilst at Woolie from the check-outs to the meat unit for swearing at a customer after she gave me a spray.

12:11 pm  
Blogger nancyshack said...

Far out you got off easy - I got the 'let go' from Coles for slamming a lady's soup cans, no swearing involved! But when I kicked up a fuss with the union, they had to give me my job back. And then I quit. he he

Glad I added a little giggle to your day Pet.

1:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey are you stealing my lyrics idea and using it on your page? Actually, I'm cool with that. It's like a secret language that only the privileged few will understand. I once worked for Flashdance. And when she left the company it only took a few days to 'legally' convert me from being a full time employee to being a casual with a temp agency, and then a few days afte that the temp agency called me and told me I had been discontinued. Can you believe that? Discontinued like a bad batch of biscuits. I suppose I didn't really mind because I hated it there anyway. Especially after Flash had left. And if I hadn't left there, then maybe I wouldn't be the highly successful *** that I am today. Of course you understand that I can't mention what I do in a public forum.

6:17 pm  
Blogger nancyshack said...

Just thought I'd create a bit of cross blogger connections...plus it's so funny! Phillis, do you want me to link your blog to mine? I can put a link on my nome page next to Wurly's blog if ya like...unless it's private...

I think Flash should be making her presence known here...let's start a protest...we want Flash, we want Flash, EVERYBODY!! we want Flash...!

8:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the time I wanted to get fired for two reasons. 1 because I could'nt wait to get out of the place I was working - the boss was a C-Hunt and secondly I wanted a separation certificate so I could have a paid holiday and surf.

7:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, hook me up baby. I suspect we would make good companions. But more importantly, do you think it was Mr or Mrs L that boldy used the chunt word?

4:17 pm  
Blogger nancyshack said...

In the interest of all of us avoiding the seven year bad luck curse, I hearby ban the use of any four letter words that start with C, end in T and have a UN in the middle.

4:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home