Great News!
I was pleased to read on the web this morning that Alan Jones has been axed from channel 9. What a great way to start the day. Morning television in Australia just took a great leap forward (and that's saying something). Put that cheese d*ck out to pasture I say.
I usually read the ABC and The Age news online most days and it has been intresting to watch the political stories in the leadup to an election. I have noticed a subtle but definate change in the way Howard is getting reported. Seemingly gone are the 'strong economic leader' type stories and in their place, he seems to be getting subtly painted as a man who is starting to panic and fray at the edges in the face of bad poll numbers. Not that I'm complaining, but it is clear that the Australian press have an agenda here. Maybe the media manipulation is more clear to see from a distance because I'm not getting all the other media stories, no TV and radio sound grabs, just the papers. I have also been reading Hillary Clinton's autobiography and it is astounding how much power the press has to shape public opinion.

5 Comments:
And if you believe Michael Moore and his documentary's, Clinton is in the bad books for all who have viewed his latest doco, due to her overwhelming large contributions from the private health sector. Which apparantly contridicts her political stand towards a public health system for the US.
yeah Alan Jones... he just doesn't get it...
It being everything there is possibly in the world to get.
The Australian is much more pro-Howard but they're getting a little ridiculous now.
And good riddance to Jones as well. Now can we do somthing about Lawsey?
I'm in the middle of Hillary's autobio and I find it difficult to believe that she would be compromising health care for campaign funds, due to the fact that she has spent most of her life advocating for health care reform, children's and women's health and rights. It would make her whole book a sham....I suppose it's possible, but by golly I'd be shocked.
I get the impression that US politics is so full of money that it has compromised and corrupted the whole system - with only those with enough money are able to "buy" access.
Sad really.
Post a Comment
<< Home