Nancy Goes to Hollywood

My pre-Chna, in-Chna and around-Chna blog. Please feel free to write comments, however, Blogger is blocked at the moment so I can't reply to your comments. Please also check out our photo links below.

September 10, 2007

I've been seeing someone else...

Yes, I'm afraid I have been fooling around with Facebook. I think it's good, but a potential time waster and I get the feeling that there is an endless supply of these type of things. You could find yourself trying to upkeep a million different websites. For now, I think I'll just stick to the blog and Facebook. Feel free to join up for a better look at our photos.

So my big goal at the moment is to manage the way I react to certain infuriating situations like being stared at and being run over in the street. This morning at the bus stop while waiting for our school bus, there was a group of about 8 dudes directly across the road who were standing there watching us with their mouths agape. They looked like they were watching something really amazing on TV. We waited for about 5-10 minutes for the bus and they didn't take their eyes off us for a second. I don't handle these things well, but I have started just turning my back or face away so I can try to ignore it.

The other thing that happened on Sunday was nearly being run over by a huge Range Rover while I was crossing the street on a green man (who carries very little sway over here). The driver's window was about 2 feet from my face and my reaction, while tamer than usual, was still a little impulsive. The only weapon I had on me was my water bottle, so I splashed the water at his window (which was shut). Ooooh water...good one Trace. I blame hormones. I'm sure the driver has learnt his lesson and will never run down 8 month pregnant women in the street again.

So the question(s) for today are: Is it reasonable to throw water at people who try to run you over? How would you react? How can I deal with this damn staring? I need some innovative ideas as I'm all out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm inclined to support you on the water front.

My only issue (and this is my wimp side coming out) is that this might aggravate the person who might escalate the situation.

But what a dickhead for not stopping for anyone - let alone pregnant women.

And I am also very much loving the facebook.

4:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home