Friendly Fire

What a strange world I live in! In some ways it's like kindy, having to make friends all over again. I think I mentioned this before, but it is actually quite exhausting being friendly all the time! (I think one or two of you who know me well will chuckle here - knowing how friendliness and affection are somewhat of an occasional struggle for me!) I got a postcard the other day from a group of girlfriends at home who were on a girls weekend away together...without me!! One wrote that it wasn't the same without me. Apart from really making me feel all lovely about myself and my friends, it made me REALLY appreciate what we have left - true friends who notice when you are not there. I have met some really nice people here and have been having fun doing things with new friends, but at the end of the day, the people who REALLY actually WANT you around are the ones you have known for years. Up until that day, I had been having such a great time, I couldn't imagine a reason why I would want to leave and return home. Not that I have stopped enjoying myself, but now I know what will drag me home one day. The people that really matter.
School is still going really well. I am buggered at the end of the day - can hardly keep my eyes open last 9pm, but I am really enjoying it. I am really thankful for that, having a job that you can take pleasure in is rare and a blessing. And little Korean and Taiwanese kids are SO cute!
Picture is of a lakeside sculpture near where we live.

1 Comments:
Oh Yes, you are both missed. Actually I think I have been in more constant contact with you via this blog than when you lived 1KM down the road. In the words of a fine australian poet (and guitarist for Barnsey), you never miss your water 'til your dry. And no, I am not talking about the current drought.
Post a Comment
<< Home